The Head of Internal Audit is a key member of the executive leadership team and will contribute to the strategic direction of the Bank. Reporting to and working alongside the CEO, the SMF5 will take a leading role in driving the achievement of this new bank’s ambitious growth plans, as it enters its second phase of evolution.
- As SMF5 person will be responsible for leading Internal Audit function. Reporting to the CEO and chair of the audit committee.
- Internal Audit strategy, reporting, delivery, processes and procedures, liaison with external audit and second line functions.
- Deliver the following reviews - SMCR, Treasury and Regulatory Reporting
- Audit Committee reporting, delivering the audit plan, balancing the need for audit independence and objectivity with the need where possible to gain agreement and cooperation with other senior managers in the Bank.
- Work with Bank’s external auditors, and lead the Bank’s internal audit remit.
- Develops the banks internal audit strategy, framework and policies and procedures. Reports to the Audit committee, audit plan, budget and resource requirements.
- Responsible for assessing the adequacy of Bank Governance, risk management and internal controls systems and processes.
- Escalation of any serious issues which require the bank’s immediate attention and action. Manages independence of the audit team, safeguards to that independence and where conflicts arise.
- Managing a team of auditors, with performance management recruitment, compensation, coaching and development.