We have an exciting hybrid opportunity whereby you will have 3-5 years of experience in Transaction Monitoring as well as 3-5 years of experience onboarding financial entities such SPVs, Trusts and Charities, at a bank. This is 70% TM and 30% onboarding.
- AML Middle Office Transaction Monitoring supporting the First Line of Defense with investigation and analysis of Transaction Monitoring Alerts.
- AML Middle Office Onboarding providing AML expertise to the AML Middle Office by processing their new applications for business to open accounts and on board additional individuals to existing account
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- AML Middle Office Transaction Monitoring
- AML Middle Office Onboarding
- Conducting, documenting targeted and thorough investigations into customers and the activity seen on their bank accounts.
- Assess alerts raise to identify potential Money Laundering or terrorism financing activity.
- Understand and oversee the identification of high-risk applicants.
- Identify customer profiles & conduct alert investigations, maintain detailed records of all investigations and findings, review and manage alerts
- Carry out Transaction Monitoring investigations on generated alerts by analysing transaction data and customer profile information in order to determine if the alerts can be closed or require escalation.
- Producing high-quality Suspicious Activity Reports and internal reports or briefings with appropriate recommendations, lessons learned and suggested remedial actions arising as an output of your investigation
- Support the Client Onboarding Team with managing the end-to-end process for client account openings
- Provide account opening support for corporate structures and advising relationship managers with regards to additional information required to help with structure analysis
- Review identification documents for AML and Compliance purposes
- Screen clients for adverse media and sanctions on Google and World-check
- Analyse, evaluate and mitigate the financial crime risks associated with on-boarding
- Coordinate quality assurance with the team
Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree and demonstrated knowledge of global financial crime typologies.
- Financial Crime qualification: ICA, ACAMS
- 3 years experience in AML/Financial Crime Operations and/or Investigations (client-onboarding and transaction monitoring) at a financial institution or bank.
- Ideally hold strong knowledge of AML regulations such as JMLSG