To support the First Line of Defence (1LOD) with investigation and analysis of Transaction Monitoring Alerts generated by the Oracle Mantas Transaction Monitoring System.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Responsible for 1LODAML Middle Office operations, analysing alerts and monitoring account transactions to detect suspicions of Money Laundering or terrorist financing activity.
- Researches detailed information including names and accounts provided by multiple sources to determine whether there is evidence of money laundering activity based on Anti-Financial Crime Team policies and procedures.
- Evaluates transactions and customer relationships based on established protocol identifying issues and escalating for further investigation.
- Performs name and account based research on lists and reports provided through established resources to determine if evidence of money laundering activities exist. Evaluates transactions and customer relationships for money laundering activities, identifies red flag issues, and escalates within the AML framework for further investigation.
- Maintains familiarity with appropriate investigation techniques to support AML activities, including research utilizing bank systems, Intranet, internet and external vendor solutions (Oracle Mantas) as appropriate.
- Effectively communicates across business lines including Corporate, Private and Retail Banking and Financial Crime Team effectively conveying key information to both internal and external audiences as appropriate.
- Identify customer profiles identified as high risk & conduct alert investigations.
- Assess alerts raise to identify potential Money Laundering or terrorism financing activity.
- Maintain detailed records of all investigations and findings
- Provide rationale for decision making efforts on alerts
- Review and manage alerts within agreed timelines
- Improve the time of alert responses by Account Officers
- Keep control of alerts via pro-active relationships with account officers, heads of department and the MLRO/DMLRO.
- Monthly reporting data, and any other statistical data for management information and reporting.