Supports and undertakes the inputting processing function in respect of Payments workflows, including SWIFT messages, general banking duties and related payment instructions.
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensuring all payments are processed within the Bank’s sanctions regime.
- Ensures all payments are input and actioned correctly and efficiently by agreed cut off times and all funds are correctly applied.
- Ensuring all agreed SLA’s are met.
- Identifying and implementing new system enhancements or procedures that are concerned with payments that will improve the operational efficiency and performance of the department.
- Driving and promoting strong working relationships with customers and providing guidance and advice to improve and maintain the credibility of the Bank.
- Ensuring a client-centric focus is front and centre in everything they do and that a client-centric culture is developed and maintained in their teams.
- Facilitates and ensures all operational work items are processed efficiently and with the correct Bank governance.
- Prioritising work and defining deadlines to ensure the department maintains the high level of accuracy and timeliness providing customers with an excellent service quality.
- Identifies, recommends and implements methods for improving section effectiveness.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and ongoing revision of the processes & procedures for the team. Any breaches or deviations from processes & procedures are immediately escalated to their manager and a plan to address the breach/deviation is actioned in conjunction with their manager.
- Ensuring that audit and regulatory requirements are adhered to at all times. If any weakness or breaches are identified these are remedied and escalated in the appropriate manner.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good understanding of Banking systems and workflow platforms.
- Knowledge and experience of International Payments.
- Strong working knowledge of SWIFT and different Payment messages.
- Experience of sanctions and/or enhanced due diligence environments.
- Has a strong understanding of Risk and Control.