The job holder is responsible for the development, implementation and continued support for the control testing framework across the EMEA Division and to assist with the development and learning of the Operational Risk staff members with reporting line to the Head of Operational Risk. This role is a number 2 to the department head with specific responsibilities for managing operational risk and supporting the Head of Operational Risk Management Department who leads Operational Risk operations within the Division. This forms a sub-section of the overarching Risk Management Framework.
The job holder will act as the banks 2nd Line of Defence responsible for providing risk oversight for operational risk management emanating from the EMEA Division’s business operations. The job holder will provide risk oversight in accordance to the Division’s risk appetite framework and the risk management framework including strategies, approaches and support risk governance structures to manage operational risks effectively
- Plan, promote and develop strategies and frameworks to support 1st Line of Defence and the Division-wide manage operational risks.
- Maintain the applicable operational risk management policies and procedures (setting of the fundamental standards and procedures) together with supporting risk strategies for risk acceptance, avoidance, management and control of risks.
- Assist in the continuous enhancement and embedding process of the frameworks to addresses branch-wide risks and alignment to the Division’s strategic objectives and to industry practices.
- Maintain the applicable risk appetite framework articulating the level of risk the Division is willing to accept in pursuit of its strategy as well as supporting operational risk tolerance levels and risk definitions.
- Develop the Division’s risk and control capabilities (including staff training) to ensure completeness, coherence and maturity of operational risk management activities and alignment to the frameworks.
- Review and monitoring of Risk Registers and action plans to mitigate risk within framework.
- Provide independent assessment and monitoring of:
- Risk Registers and action plans to mitigate risk within frameworks
- Operational Incident Management and root cause analysis
- Key Risk Indicators (KRI)
- Developing supporting tools and templates to allow the effective collection, review and use of operational risk information
- Liaise with Corporate Risk Management Department for all risk and control activities
- Provide continuous training and support to promote risk awareness.
- Responsible for providing operational risk and control management across EMEA Division business activities under the supervision of the Operational Risk Management Team incorporating:
- Developing of proposals for consideration by the Management in respect of enhancing operational risk framework to facilitate control testing
- Providing advice, oversight and challenge necessary to embed and maintain a supportive risk framework throughout the EMEA Division
- Progress and enhance control documentation and testing strategies proposed by Operational Risk Management Team for EMEA Division
- Propose and identify suitable control testing requirements across the various EMEA Division business lines
- Schedule and perform agreed testing of key controls
- Record, collate and report results of control testing completed
- Comprehensive monitoring of control testing across EMEA Division
- Utilise control testing outcomes to support ongoing risk register reviews and KRI metrics
- Assist with operational incident management processes and root cause analysis
- Provide continuous support for the control testing strategies
- To carry out other duties as requested by Operational Risk Management Team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Risk management or audit qualification ideal
- Ideally experience in operational risk, audit or control support functions within financial services
- Ideally experience of using data for control testing (related to audit testing), problem investigation, monitoring and reporting to assess operational risk and controls adequacy and effectiveness.