We are seeking a banking Payments Specialist for a reputable bank where you will ensure that payments are processed correctly and promptly. You will deal with inward and outward payments, including SWIFT (MT101, MT103, MT202, MT199, MT133), BACS and CHAPS. This role is ideal for someone with more than 3+ years of experience in a banking role and who is looking to develop their career in operations.
- Manually processing payments using SWIFT MT103, MT202, BACS, and CHAPS.
- Processing transactions accurately across various payment platforms in multiple currencies within the relevant currency cut-off times.
- Directly monitor intraday payment batch queues and manual/automated correction of payments when needed.
- Liaising with the front-line staff and operations team to ensure all payments are successfully cleared and reflected within the books
- Ensure that all direct debits are settled within agreed timeframes
- Back-up for FX settlements
- End-of-day error checks ensuring processing queues are clear.
- Investigating outstanding payments within SWIFT, BACS, and CHAPS and liaising with banks and external counterparties to resolve transaction queries
- Performing internal account reconciliations and investigating outstanding reconciliation items
- Liaising with the Financial Crime Prevention Unit to perform identity and KYC checks to verify payment instructions
- Suspicious payment activity monitoring and flagging such payments with the Financial Crime Prevention Unit
- Identify and implement improvements to processes for efficiency and risk mitigation.
- Ideally, hold experience in processing SWIFT payments in a banking role.
- Understanding of various SWIFT message types (specifically MT101, MT103, MT202, MT199, MT133)
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
For more jobs like this, search Market Talent on google - go direct to our website for more live roles and even set up your own job alerts.