Our client, a leading International Bank, is looking for a Credit Analyst for their Offices in West London. We are seeking Credit Analysts with experience in dealing with Commercial Real Estate to support RMs in assessing credit proposals and conducting credit analysis.
The Credit analyst will focus predominantly on the processing of credit proposals sent from the branch which include real estate transactions such as buy to let (residential and commercial) and development loans, and some corporate/ commercial businesses.
- You will be assessing new proposals, reviews and renewals, amendments, and waivers, and will require good communication skills to discuss the same with the submitting branch team members. Following this, you will be required to present your recommendations to those involved in the credit process, including credit sanctioning committees.
- Required to reviewquarterly risk review summaries sent from the Branch, which will include examination, identification & investigation of any early warning signals such as excesses, payment delays, covenant breaches, defective documents and make recommendations on the same to the Head of Credit.
- At month-end and quarter dates, you may also be required to assist with some forms of management information preparation for use in management committees. This task will involve liaison with other key functions of the Bank such as Finance and Risk.
The ideal candidate will have: -
- Strong credit analysis skills, gained over 1+ years of experience in the UK market, with a strong emphasis on real estate transactions, although some experience in corporate/ commercial transactions would be an added bonus.
- This will entail not only credit assessment but the ability to interpret valuation reports and various forms of financial and non-financial information, awareness of the UK real estate environment, trends, etc.
- The ideal candidate should have a real estate experience within the UK (BTL Commercial & Resi and Development Loans) and have a good knowledge and understanding of how UK banks operate.
- An education at degree level or above.
- Strong skills in both spoken and written English.
- Strong skills in both Word and Excel.
- Experience in management information production using Excel and graphical illustrations.
- Good communication skills at all levels, from officer level up to senior management.
- Familiarity with bank credit policies and procedures and be able to interpret and follow effectively.
- The ability to act with integrity, due skill, care, and diligence in line with the Bank’s core principles.