We are working with one of the largest international banking group who hold a subsidiary in the UK with branches overseas in Hong Kong, Dubai, and Sydney, as well as representative offices at Abu Dhabi, and a banking joint venture in Malaysia. The Bank specialise in international trade and corporate loans between UK and other parts of the world.
As a Credit Analyst, you will be responsible for the following:
- Processing and recommendation of credit proposals including syndicated loans, corporate loans, SME and other business loans to the appropriate authority.
- Support all phases of the transaction cycle starting from deal origination, financial analysis, deal structuring, execution, due diligence, and post completion review/ renewals and follow up.
- Undertake financial analysis to identify all material financial risks and opportunities across a range of lending requests from customers and ensure quality credit underwriting within the Banks risk appetite taking account of counterparty and sector trends.
- Timely processing and recommendation of review/renewal proposals/miscellaneous request/new business and placing before respective authority through proper channel/
- Carrying out internal risk ratings of the borrowers.
- Periodic inspection of borrowers business and projects to ensure adherence to covenants as per sanctioned proposal.
- Participate in transaction meetings with Head Corporate Lending and where appropriate attend client due diligent meetings.
- Proper maintenance and storage of loan documentation and also to ensure the document remains live and valid.
- Covenant compliance - pre as well as post disbursement.
- Following up with customers for necessary papers required for review and renewal of loan accounts and placing before respective committees for approval before due date.
- Preparation and submission of required reports/information for internal and external requirements of the bank and also MIS, both independently and in coordination with the Risk Management Department/Other department.
- Produce regular portfolio reports on exposures, LGDs, asset concentrations, security coverage, performance trends, etc working in conjunction with the Banks vision and business plan.
Expectations and Requirements
- At least over a year's worth of experience in Credit Analysis from a Bank or financial services
- Ideally hold good understanding of Corporate loans including Syndicated loans,
- Good understanding of Credit processing and approval
- Monitoring accounts - which includes undertaking follow ups, meetings, and telephonic talk with prospective and existing customers.
- Proven experience in conducting financial analysis of corporate's balance sheet, Profit and loss account and sales/revenue.