The role is responsible for assisting the Head of Credit Approval in ensuring credit quality at the approval stage, monitoring the ongoing credit dynamics of the credit portfolio at a macro and micro level post sanction and the compliance of credit risk. The key challenge in this role is to assist the Head of Credit Approval to manage risks through a combination of routine & pro-active checks on individual credits and the portfolio as a whole.
- Objectively assess referred deals to policy and mandate.
- Meet KPIs related to review of credit requests, reporting and other performance standards.
- Revert to the RM with queries on the credit application within specified turnaround time.
- Conduct financial statement analysis on all loan applications relating to Commercial Buy to Let, Residential and Commercial Mortgages.
- Ensure all major queries are resolved prior to the case being submitted to the Head of Credit Approval.
- Highlighting any shortfall to the credit process chain.
- Documentation of proposal related information to be in conformity with requirements as set out internally.
- Check monthly/quarterly portfolio review reports.
- Preparation of various reports sanctioning committees and annual reviews.
- Monitoring and performance review of existing portfolio.
- Maintain electronic filing of all credit requests and diarising for the receipt of information from the branches.
- To remain up to date with the changes in bank’s business profile, internal systems and processes and regulatory requirements.
- Undertake projects and assignments from time to time as directed by the Head of Credit Approval.
- Liaison with Credit Administration, ACPM, Finance, Compliance & Audit for processes relating to Credit Approval function.
Experience and Education
- Strong academic or professional qualification background
- At least 2/3 years of corporate risk management experience with direct exposure to decision making and sanctioning procedures
- Sound understanding of the UK market for Consumer lending, SME and parameter based lending (including RMC).
- Strong academic or professional qualification background.
- At least 3 years of experience in Commercial Loan underwriting with direct exposure to decision-making and sanctioning procedures.