We are working with a highly reputable bank located in Moorgate who are seeking a KYC Onboarding Officer to oversee new account onboarding and ongoing KYC documentation. They are looking for an individual who can ensure compliance with the Bank's AML and CTF programmes.
The role will be initially a Fixed Term Contract for 6 months that will turn into a Permanent position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the compliance and regulatory frameworks that apply to financial institutions
- Demonstrate understanding of the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group (JMLSG) guidance and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) requirements
- Strong knowledge of Know Your Customer (KYC), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Source of Wealth (SoW), Source of Funds (SoF) requirements
- Ensure the appropriate collection of required information/documents for new and existing customers to effectively support the Bank’s KYC and AML & CTF programmes.
- Review documents and information to perform enhanced due diligence on higher risk customers including Politically exposed persons (PEPS) and correspondent banks
- Expertise in examining the source of wealth and source of funds of new and existing customers.
- Ability to analyse complex structures to determine risk exposure and identify KYC/AML requirements
- Excellent time management, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong individual contributor with the ability to collaborate across teams and take initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbal and in writing
- Have at least 3 years of relevant AML experience within the financial services industry and have a strong knowledge and experience of KYC, CDD, EDD requirements at customer onboarding and ongoing levels
- Strong track record with reputable Banks
- Ideally hold experience with onboarding correspondent Banks.
- Strong understanding of JMLSG, financial crime guide / industry standards