Prestigious banking brand is seeking Transaction Monitoring specialist to be responsible for this hybrid role combining both alert and event driven management, with onboarding of all entity types.
Provide support for 2 teams under the Middle Office of the Bank in transaction monitoring and onboarding.
To support the First Line of Defense (1LOD) with investigation and analysis of Transaction Monitoring Alerts generated by the Oracle Transaction Monitoring System. To provide AML expertise to the AML Middle Office by processing their new applications for business to open accounts/suffixes/on board additional individuals to existing account
Day to Day Role
AML Middle Office Transaction Monitoring
• Conducting, documenting targeted and thorough investigations into customers and the activity seen on their bank accounts.
• Assess alerts raise to identify potential Money Laundering or terrorism financing activity. Identify customer profiles & conduct alert investigations, maintain detailed records of all investigations and findings, provide rationale for decision making efforts on alerts, review and manage alerts within agreed timelines
• Carry out Transaction Monitoring investigations on generated alerts by analysing transaction data and customer profile information in order to determine if the alerts can be closed or require escalation.
• Producing high-quality Suspicious Activity Reports and internal reports or briefings with appropriate recommendations, lessons learned and suggested remedial actions arising as an output of your investigation
• Gather supporting information from the public domain including screening tools and open-source research and/or from client and customer.
• Maintains familiarity with appropriate investigation techniques to support AML activities, including research utilizing bank systems, intranet, internet and external vendor solutions (Oracle Mantas) as appropriate.
• Effectively communicates across business lines including Corporate, Private and Retail Banking and Financial Crime Team (2LOD) effectively conveying key information to both internal and external audiences as appropriate.
AML Middle Office Onboarding
• Support the Client Onboarding Team with managing the end-to-end process for client account openings
• Provide account opening support for corporate structures/SPV offshore vehicles, Trusts and company structures, and advising relationship managers with regards to additional information required to help with structure analysis
• Handle pipeline effectively by prioritising workload based on urgent applications, and communicate clearly to staff on updates and progress
• Review identification documents for AML and Compliance purposes
• Perform a risk assessment for clients
• Screen clients for adverse media and sanctions on Google and World-check
• Understand and oversee the identification of high-risk applicants (including PEPs and Sanction matches)
• Analyse, evaluate and mitigate the financial crime risks associated with on-boarding
• Proactively seek solutions for potential issues and escalating as required
• Coordinate quality assurance with the team
Essential qualifications, experience & skills
• Relevant educational background (at least a bachelor’s degree) and demonstrated knowledge of global financial crime typologies.
• Financial Crime qualification: CISI Combating Financial Crime, ICA, ACAMS is preferable
• Strong working knowledge of the global legislative and regulatory framework for AML and 3-5 years experience in AML/Financial Crime Operations and/or Investigations (client-onboarding and transaction monitoring)
• Knowledge of Tax requirements of FATCA
• Strong investigative skills, preferably with a focus on financial investigations.
• Strong knowledge of KYC/CDD/EDD requirements and different client types in Financial Institutions (Individual, Private Companies, PLC, SPV/SPV)
• Knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations and JMLSG Guidance with respect to client onboarding and transaction monitoring
• Preferable experience in small to mid size UK banks, having had exposures to several functions within a Financial Crime Middle office.
• Knowledge and understanding of Tax requirements (FATCA)
• Knowledge and experience of the regulatory requirements of KYC in a financial institution, acting as a subject matter expert, and sharing technical expertise and guidance with wider on-boarding team
• Knowledge of Money Laundering Regulations and JMLSG guidelines with respect to onboarding
• An interest in driving down financial crime and reducing harm
• A high level of attention to detail and experience following strict policies and procedures.
• An ability to balance high productivity with high quality of work.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skill
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
• Flexibility to wear "many hats" and get involved with more than what the everyday role requires, taking on additional responsibilities when required
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), Strong IT skills; learn to use multiple systems interchangeably for the completion of everyday tasks
• Strong organisational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
• Work collaboratively, demonstrating initiative and ownership of tasks and issues
© Market Talent 2024 - REGISTERED COMPANY NO. 09642404