Market Talent is committed to protecting your privacy in all our dealings with you, whether through our website's on-line services or through direct contact with our consultants. When using our website, we want you to have a safe and secure experience. We will endeavour to ensure that the information you submit to us remains private, and is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
This privacy notice aims to inform you how Market Talent collects and processes your personal data through use of this website and when you register as a candidate with Market Talent. It was last updated on 24th May 2018.
Market Talent anticipates Data Subjects will be adults, as dictated by the nature of its business, and as such this website is not intended for children, additionally, we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Market Talent is the data controller and responsible for your personal data.
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing this privacy notice, along with processing any requests to exercise your legal rights. To contact our data privacy manager please use the details below;
Company Name: Market Talent
Data Privacy Manager: Ryan Kaye
Address: Central Point, 45 Beech St, London, EC2Y 8AD
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7971 7700
We take the security of your Data very seriously, and would always like to attend to any concerns in the first instance, however, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, or your own country’s supervisory authority for data protection.
Third Party Links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications that we consider to be of benefit to you, and/or are necessary in our ability to meet our core business obligation to you. Accessing those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The Data we collect about You
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Data that we collect, store, or transfer about you, as a candidate, client, or visitor to our site may include:
- Contact data such as name, email address, address and phone number
- Device and browser data, such as IP address, information about your device and browser settings
- Marketing and communications data.
- Employment and educational history data
As a registered candidate or client, where we have placed you in a permanent or temporary role, or arranged interviews for you, we may also collect, use, store and transfer the following categories of your personal data:
- References where you have provided us with referees’ contact details
- Eligibility to work data such as passport and visa checks
- Bank, tax and social security data such as account numbers, NI number, Unique Tax Reference (UTR)
- Your employment preferences such as preferred hours, location, salary etc.
- Role data about roles in which you have been previously placed
We may also, in limited circumstances, process the following sensitive data about you:
- Health data
- Criminal convictions data
Sensitive Personal Data
We will normally only ever process sensitive data when it is necessary to provide you with a safe place of work, or to comply with legal or industry-specific requirements. We will only process sensitive data with your express consent, unless the processing of your sensitive personal data is necessary for other reasons permitted by law. For your protection, and to help please do not disclose any sensitive personal data about yourself to us unless we request it or it is essential to do so. Unsolicited personal data will be deleted. If you have any concerns about this type of data, and how we use it, please contact our data privacy manager.
We endeavour to provide a full service to you in all circumstances, and do not believe that ensuring your data privacy should prevent this. If you would like to talk to us to determine how we can provide our services, without processing data considered sensitive, please contact our data privacy manager. If you fail to provide personal data when requested it may mean that the service we do provide may not be optimal, and in the event that there is a legal requirement to hold such data, it may preclude us from providing a full service to you.
Other Data we process
We may also collect, use and share anonymised or aggregated data. This helps us understand our clients and candidates needs better, without identifying anyone, and improve the service we offer. This type of data is not considered personal data in law as this data does not reveal your identity. Any anonymised, or aggregated data we combine or connect with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, will be treated as private, personal data and will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
On occasion we have a legal obligation to process certain categories of personal data under relevant legislation, such as the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 and other relevant tax, social security or similar legislation. While you are not under any obligation to provide us with your personal data, if you do not, we may be unable to meet our legal obligations and so may not be able to provide you with recruitment services.
Your Curriculum vitae ("CV")
We give you the option of submitting your CV via this website. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they come up. Your CV will not be stored on our website, it will be stored on our secure in-house computer network accessible only by Market Talent recruitment consultants.
Your CV will be e-mailed directly to our recruitment consultants who will process your application and with your consent enter your details onto in-house database. Market Talent recruitment consultants can only access this database, including the information relating to you.
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. If you would like to make a request for information, please contact us. You also have the right to ask Market Talent to stop using your information.
Your CV will be sent to prospective employers but only where you give your consent. Such employers may be located both inside and outside the European Economic Area.
Your personal details, including your name, e-mail address and CV, are held and used by us for the following purposes:
- Following an assessment of your requirements, for matching your coded details with vacancies, to assist us in finding you a new position;
- To periodically keep you informed our services;
- For compiling salary and other market surveys.
Except in the case of complying with a legal or regulatory requirement, Market Talent does not and will not disclose your information to third parties without your consent.
How we collect your personal data
We may collect data about you when you register with us, visit our website, or when we communicate by email, SMS, phone or in person.
We use different methods to collect data about you from third parties such as jobs boards and websites, commonly CityJobs, LinkedIn, and Reed, from social media platforms and from analytics providers such as Google.
Where you have provided us with referees’ contact details, we may obtain references from those referees, and where we have placed you in a role, we may also obtain information about you from the hirer and/or from HMRC and other government agencies.
How, and why, we use your personal data
We only use your personal data when the law allows us to, mainly in the following circumstances:
- To perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- For our legitimate interests (or those of a third party used to provide our service to you) and where your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where you consent to our doing so.
If you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data then please contact our data privacy manager
Disclosing your data
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we do not sell our customers’ personal information to others. Market Talent shares customers’ personal information only as described below and with the employees of Market Talent, such as is necessary to fulfil their role within the business.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include applying for a job via Reed, or sharing your personal details with your previous or current employers or other third parties identified by you to us as potential referees, with tax authorities and other government agencies and third party organisation used to check references, employment history and qualifications. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise).
- Protection of Market Talent and Others: We release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Service Terms and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Market Talent, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of Market Talent Services, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you.
If you have any question or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact our data privacy manager. In addition;
- If you want to browse our websites anonymously, you may do so by disabling Cookies on your browser.
- When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances.
All information incorporated within this web site is © Market Talent
Unauthorised use of Market Talent trademarks, trade names and logos is prohibited.