Location: City of London
Our client, a rapidly growing international financial services company, is seeking an experienced Accounting professional to lead the UK financial accounting/controls functions.
- Responsibility for the accuracy of the firm's financial books and records.
- Research accounting and financial impact of new products and markets.
- Development of functional business requirements for enhancements to existing financial and operational systems.
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly work of accounting staff.
- Liaising with Regulatory, Treasury and Clearing for liquidity, capital and custody requirements.
- Plan, coordinate and manage audits and regulatory examinations: financial audit, client money audit, etc.
- Member of the CASS committee.
- Advising the Board of Directors on financial matters.
- Responsibility for all procedures related to good financial controls.
The successful candidate will be a UK qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA), with extensive accounting experience within an FCA regulated environment
- Custody/Client Money experience
- Equities/FX/Metals/Derivatives experience
- Strong IFRS knowledge