Asian banking institution is seeking CF30 approved individual to represent the bank and promote its Trade Finance services and products.
Asian banking institution is seeking CF30 approved individual to represent the bank and promote its Trade Finance services and products. This person will be tasked in also leading another Trade Finance professional
To represent the Bank to the corporate community and banking industry, to promote the tailored services and products relating specifically to China related and trade finance markets, and to assist the credit procedure function throughout the process. To assist the development of new products and services in the trade area.
To review and manage financial crime risks relating to trade finance in the Bank in line with the FCA thematic review on AML.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To comprehend and present to appropriate clients the Bank's and its Parent Bank’s pre-determined credit strategies and credit products;
- To appraise potential business opportunities and make appropriate comments and recommendations on business development strategies to the Department Head;
- To assist the Bank with developing new products and services in the trade finance area;
- To co-ordinate between the Department and credit customers to ensure information needed for credit application, assessment, approval, and monitoring is readily accessible;
- To originate transactions and execute/assist with their execution;
- To assist in managing / supporting the proposals of any credit application;
- To follow up any credit risk issues identified by the Department and prepare an investigation report; and
- To monitor local and international credit market issues to ensure adequate precautions are available to minimise the Bank's credit risk;
- To establish extensive business contacts within the specialist market, act as primary contact point with customers and maintain regular dialogue;
- To perform the preliminary credit review and research for the outlook of industry and customer related information;
- To carry out research on the specialist market and draft and design appropriate initial Marketing Strategy and Plan under the supervision of the Head of Department;
- To provide an analysis of competitors and the benchmarks of the local market;
- To complete all relevant documentation;
- Competent user of Bank systems (e.g. GCMS,ACCUITY, CIMS etc);
- Review and upgrade the trade finance policy and procedure on financial crime risks control to ensure staff consider those risks specific to trade finance transactions and identify the customers and transactions that present the highest risks at various stages of a transaction;
- Provide staff with training to identify potentially suspicious transactions related to financial crime risks, to help implement the AML functions throughout the whole life of the transaction processing on trade finance;
- Create and act on management information and reporting of financial crime risks within the trade finance service;
- Produce a documented financial crime risk assessment for trade finance services with appropriate weight to money laundering risk, sanction risk as well as other AML relevant risk;
- Provide tailored training that will raise colleague awareness and understanding of trade specific money laundering, sanctions, terrorist financing risks (including the FATF/Wolfsberg Red Flags list), dual use goods risks and emerging risks;
- Carry out routine due diligence to identify dual use goods or other potential high risks in transactions wherever possible and apply government license for exporters in higher risk situations;
- Follow up changes to regulatory policy on financial crime risk control and trade finance businesses and
- Other functions as may be required to assist the Department from time to time.
- The jobholder is familiar with trade finance products and services and secondary market;
- The jobholder is very familiar with and understands implementation requirements of the FCA Thematic Review on banks’ control of financial crime risks in trade finance, the Wolfsberg Trade Finance Principles and FATF practice;
- Proven appropriate experience in a similar banking operation is essential;
- Formal training or qualification in AML and financial crime risks control in trade finance service would be desirable;
- An extensive network of contacts within the specialist market.
- Relevant client management experience, necessary in performing the role, ideally with medium to large (e.g. FTSE 350) UK corporate or other European multinational groups;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in dealing with both junior and senior level counterparts and staff;
- Ability to analyse and research information;
- A strong team player;
- Good marketing and negotiation skills;
- Ability to write the policy and procedure;
- Ability to coach the teammates.