Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Type: Temporary, full-time
West End bank is seeking Trade Finance Specialist to take on a mid-level opportunity leading another member of staff within Trade Finance Operations. You will also be required to cover for the Manager of the division. Immediate availability candidates preferred.
To provide international trade finance services to customers, shareholders, and overseas correspondent banks in the areas of letters of credit, guarantees, collections, and forfeiting transactions. Ensuring that all transactions are conducted in accordance with the applicable law (UCP, URDG, URC) and in conformity with the banks rules and procedures manual.
- Second checker of documents presented under letters of credit
- First signature checker on letters of credit issued by the bank, confirmation of letters of credit issued by other banks and amendments
- Sign payment orders and internal vouchers for all trade processing work ensuring that entries are posted accurately to accounts and charges correctly applied
- Issue bank guarantees - bid and performance bonds, demand guarantees
- Issue collection orders - inwards & outward
- Provide monthly reports/statistics for management
- Process transactions purchased in the secondary forfeit market
- Ability to manage customers and liaise with customers regarding discrepancies and provide guidance in technical documentary matters
- Manage a small team ensuring cohesion and efficiencies
- Setting objectives in line with the business strategy
Minimum 7 years experience of working in the trade finance area of an international bank having covered all aspects of documentary credits work. Must have junior management/supervisory experience and signatory status. Ideally possess the CDCS / CITF professional qualification but not mandatory.
- Minimum 7 years experience working in a trade finance area of an established bank
- Thorough knowledge of Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits, including experience of dealing with Letters of Assignment and Transferable Credits
- Ability to identify all discrepancies in documents presented under letters of credit in order to carry out a reliable second check of documents
- Must be confident in dealing directly with beneficiaries and other banks in technical documentary credit matters ad possess a good telephone manner and written skills
- Possess a good understanding of Uniform Rules for Collections
- Be conversant with Bank to Bank Reimbursements
- Thorough understanding of international payments, acceptances, discounting of bills, purchase/sale of foreign exchange and application of fees
- Experience of dealing with bank guarantees - performance and bid bonds, clean demand guarantees, shipping company indemnities etc.
- Proficient with systems - Swift (particularly messages in the 700 series and of bank to bank customer payments). Equation (checking outstanding balances and exposure against limit).