Salary: £40,000 – £55,000
Top tier Sugar trading business is seeking Sugar specialist to join and lead their shipping/logistics team (focusing on Sugar products)
Due to substantial growth in the number of origin operations we are looking for a talented and ambitious individual to join our sugar team in London.
Working in a team you will be heading up the shipping department, liaising with all overseas operational divisions, responsible for handling worldwide logistics as part of the operations department on the sugar trading desk.
Tasks will include:
- All aspects of the shipping operation of vessels including reviewing Freight Fixtures, Containers Bookings, Charter Parties, Purchase and Sales Contracts and their execution.
- Liaising direct with Brokers, Traders, Surveyors, Ships Agents, Port Authorities, Customs Clearance Agents, Sellers and Buyers.
- Issuing shipping instructions to all relevant parties, including documentary instructions both of a Letter of Credit and non-Letter of Credit nature.
- Raising invoices and documents of sale to Buyers and entering appropriate computer entries for purchase, sale and all voyage costs (both accruals and actual) meeting monthly deadlines.
- Settling Charter Party and Contract demurrage and disbursements at load and discharge with Buyers, Sellers, Owners and Agents.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years shipping experience within a sugar or similar environment.
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
- Numerate with a good level of education
- Knowledge of shipping documentation and/or logistics
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills