Type: Permanent, Full time
Our client is looking to recruit a Senior Reinsurance Technician with a minimum of 5 years experience in the London Market.
Main Responsibilities will include:
Facultative, Quota Share & Excess of Loss Reinsurance
• Identification of losses and or circumstances notified under risks having reinsurance protection where such loss exceeds or potentially exceeds any contractual reporting threshold.
• Review of losses and or circumstances against the terms and conditions of the reinsurance contract.
• Preparation of all billing and reserve notifications to brokers and reinsurers.
• Ensure compliance to any contractual reporting triggers.
• For Excess of Loss, Calculation of any reinstatement cost.
• Lloyds Reporting including but not limited to SRS & RDS
• Credit Control to include LORS
• Ensure adherence to internal controls
• Work closely with claims handlers and provide gross/net scenarios as may be required.
• Maintain a query log detailing all queried losses to monitor and resolve any reinsurer queries in relation to notified losses.
• Relationship management of brokers, to ensure the account is managed efficiently.
• Assist with the review of current procedures and recommend enhancements to improve the processes.
• Peer review Ceded Reinsurance record entry into source systems.
• Ad-hoc MI as required.
• Experience in all classes of reinsurance.
• Experience of Regulatory Returns, including SRS, Terrorism Pools, QMA
• Understanding of the full end to end Reinsurance process from Placement through to Credit Control and Reporting.
• Strong IT skills with an intermediate/advanced level of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Please contact Paul Brown with your c.v for further details.