Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
To assist in the timely and accurate processing of all European Payments Services transactions for European branches ensuring adherence to all procedures. Provide support to management of Payment Services by coordinating all the daily processes, logging and resolving all queries for customers and relevant Front office departments.
- Ensure that Payments Services transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Handle all payment queries promptly and report to Head of Department
- Adherence to and compliance with Quality Management System (QMS)
- Become involved with staff development, cross training resulting in all staff becoming fully integrated into one team
- Control the processing of the European cheque collections
- Coordinate all the Milan Branch remittance processing on behalf of Payment Services
Successful and timely processing of all Transactions -International and Domestic (SEPA), SEPA DD files and Milan transactions
- Internal and external error reporting.
- Timely resolution of all errors and prevention of repeat errors
- Customer feedback both internal relevant Front offices and external review of customer complaints
Key Risk Indicators:
- Retention/attraction of key qualified staff into Mizuho for achievement of accountabilities in a reasonable timeframe.
- Decision making authority (limits of authority in taking decisions, any shared authorities, what policy/procedures govern decisions, signing authority for e.g. recruitment, purchase, credit, loans, authorising new business etc) system access as per authorisation memo
- Expected to have at least 3-5 years Payments Services experience.
- Preferable to have some experience of working with Japanese Corporate Clients.
- Fluent in another European language apart from English would be desirable
- Experience in working within the SEPA framework including SEPA Credit Transfers and SEPA Direct Debits.
Qualifications and Training
- 'A' Level educated or equivalent
- Banking qualifications desirable
- Providing product knowledge -Retail Banking products, SWIFT, SEPA DD*
Job skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrable strong product knowledge in both SWIFT and SEPA DD
- Demonstrable knowledge on Money Laundering procedures
- System use skills on Microsoft Office Manager products