Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Location: City of London
Type: Temporary, Full time
My client is an International city-based bank and asset manager who are looking for a finance assistant to temporarily join their team on a 6 - 12 month period. They are located close to Liverpool Street Station with an office population of 300+.
Applicants must be studying towards ACCA, CIMA, ACA or AAT with experience in SUN accounting mandatory.
- Responsible for assisting the Financial Controller and the Finance/Fees team in a range of accounting, finance and client billing tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Controlling the receipt and initial recording of all incoming invoices from suppliers
- Obtaining all relevant authorisation prior to initiating payments
- Processing payment of invoices received
- Ensuring that all relevant accounting entries are raised and reconciliation performed
- Reviewing expenditure against budget
- Liaising with both suppliers and personnel in relation to aged invoices and ad hoc queries
- Keeping filing records up to date
RECONCILIATIONS & REVENUE RECOGNITION
- Complete all bank and petty cash account reconciliations within agreed timescales
- Identify all revenue received, update tracker and process all relevant accounting entries and pass to Supervisor/Financial Controller for review
- Ensure that reconciling items are investigated and cleared in a timely fashion
- Maintain strict controls on all cash movements
FINANCIAL / MANAGEMENT REPORTING
- Assisting the Financial Controller with the preparation of month-end accounts (eg accruals, prepayments, depreciation, etc) and reporting
- Assisting the Financial Controller with the completion of regulatory and other ad hoc reports
- Processing of entries using Sun accounting package
- Assisting the fee billing clerks in ensuring that the fee billing process is completed in line with appropriate deadlines and to provide cover on all Client invoice and billing processes.
- Facilitating the implementation and further enhancement of a new billing system by assisting the fee billing clerk in any testing that may be required and assisting with the changes in future billing processes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Part-Qualified accountant or training for the Accounting exams. The candidate would ideally have 1-2 years accounts payable experience. Experience with Sun accounting package is required.
- Experience in system orientated work environment required, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Any experience working in the investment management sector is desirable but not essential.
- The candidate should also display the following competencies and traits:
- A structured and determined approach to work.
- A willingness to take ownership of problems.
- The ability to communicate well with fellow staff members (at all levels), supplier and customers.
- Postholder reports to the Financial Controller.
- Externally with suppliers/creditors; internally with Heads of Departments and Financial Controller.
SPECIAL NOTES OR CONDITIONS (IF APPLICABLE):
- Standard hours of work will be 9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday inclusive. However there may be requirements to work outside of these hours during the busy month end periods.