Salary: £40,000 - £55,000
Top tier Commodity broker is seeking Research Sales Desk support/sales person to join this exciting and expanding team. Experience managing and selling client research, pricing or commentary via portals / platforms is desired, as is excellent inter-personal and organisational skills. The role in time will see you evolve into a full time Sales Executive within a top tier institution.
An outstanding opportunity for a candidate with minimum two years’ experience to join the cross-asset sales desk at one of the largest commodity brokerages in the world. The role would involve reporting directly to the Head of Analytics Sales as part of a client service team which is the primary interface for the firm with the largest hedge fund and institutional clients.
A high level of inter-personal skills is required as the role will involve a significant amount of internal interaction with specialist product desks internally. An interest in commodities, macroeconomics and financial markets is essential as relationships are research driven and the candidate will be expected to communicate the analytical output of the firm effectively. A background in research sales would therefore be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite. The role will also involve transacting orders electronically for clients as well as supporting the CRM function for the desk and the Market Analytics business. The role would therefore suit a pro-active, out-going, highly organised candidate. The level of responsibility will evolve in line with the candidate’s capabilities.
- Primary duty is to administer the analytics portal and communicate effectively with internal and external users.
- To assist in Analytics sales strategy.
- Intention for role to evolve into front-office sales – able to demonstrate high levels of entrepreneurship and initiative
Skills and Experience
- Interest in financial markets and the opportunity to engage clients about ideas is an absolute necessity
- Formal knowledge & understanding of commodity markets (not a pre-requisite but advantageous)
- At least 2 years in Financial Services; looking to evolve into front office role (if not already)