Salary: £80,000 - £86,000 + bens + bonus
Our client is a trader of Commodity and Energy products including, Gas, Power and Oil products. The campaign is designed to secure the interest of an experienced Product Control/Risk professional, who can carry out the following set of responsibilities but also provide mentoring to the existing Asset Trading Product Control team.
As Product Control Specialist/Team Lead for Oil Asset Trading, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervising the Oil Asset Trading Product Control Analysts to ensure that the AT Position and P&L reporting, commercial P/L reporting and commentary including trading (secondary) costs (accrual, provisions and actuals), are meaningful, transparent and timely;
- Oversight of, daily P&L (commercial performance) process and timely provision of monthly key performance indicators to enable the business team to understand and manage commercial & trading performance, including daily exposure and P&L reporting, analysis, limit monitoring and monthly MI (Management Information) to MA (Management Accounts) reconciliations;
- Reviewing and checking daily physical and paper transactions have been posted correctly, are within Trading Delegations of Authority, and also to ensure the hedging is carried out correctly each day;
- Proactively providing to the business beneficial commercial analysis. Specifically monthly commercial performance measures, fixed cost reporting and analysis, analysis of pricing and basis risk around refinery operations;
- Reviewing market data, Substantiating and documenting attribution methodology.
- Ensuring integrity of data through the implementation and use of suitable controls;
- Development and maintenance of suitable infrastructure in support of business growth;
- Responsible for the calculation/maintenance of fair value adjustments (FVAs);
- Oversight and responsibility for the AT month end close process;
- Escalation point for Asses Trading (AT), Trading DOA’s, and limit breaches.
Education & Qualifications required
- Education: Degree in Finance/Banking/Business/Engineering or equivalent
- Qualifications: Professional qualifications (Accounting, ERM, CISI) an advantage.
- Professional Background: Energy Trading Product Control and/or Market Risk (or Trading) within an Asset backed Trading environment/company.
- Very strong understanding of risks and P&L attribution.
- Track record of improving (or devising and implementing) controls
- Track record of improving existing procedures
- Experience in refining operations
- Experience of managing or supporting significant business growth
- Project management experience
- Able to take, and maintain, an independent approach and challenge where appropriate.