Salary: £28,000 - £35,000
Location: London - City
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland are looking to recruit a part-qualified accountant. This is an innovative practice and one of the first top 100 law firms to achieve the “Gold Standard” Investors in People award. This rare and exciting opportunity has arisen to work with the Partnership Accountant who is based in the City. You will be providing full administrative support to the Accountant together with assisting in the tax returns for the Partnership.
Tasks for this role will include general bookkeeping, preparation of VAT returns, assisting with preparation of monthly management accounts and year end accounts as well as ad-hoc other accounting jobs.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working in a Law firm would be desirable.
- The ability to successfully manage own workload and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Due to the nature of the role it is mandatory that the successful person is discreet and confidential.
- Strong time management and organisational skills with a pro-active approach.
- Self-confidence and ability to use initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An enthusiastic, positive, “can do” attitude with outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook and CCH tax software together with good typing skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for individuals who are actively studying for their ACCA/ACA/CIMA. You will be looking to develop your accounting knowledge and have a good academic background.