Salary: CHF 90k - 110k
Global commodity trading business is expanding their Metals logistics division off the back of market demand. Non-ferrous experience an advantage.
The traffic person is in charge of logistics, finance, hedging, documentation, insurance and related matters and works closely with the team colleagues in the department as well as with people in other departments and field offices.
- Vessel chartering or container shipments in co-operation with the chartering department; organizing rail, truck and air transport or releasing of material in warehouse
- Opening of and checking of L/Cs for our suppliers and receivers; requesting amendments and negotiating documents for collection of payment
- Calculation of metal quantity and foreign currency amounts to be priced
- Correspondence on availability of materials in production, transit and in stock; documentation, invoicing, outgoing and incoming payments, client exposure control and claim handling
- Insuring risks of each transport as well as material in storage
We are looking for candidates with a sound educational background and some years of export & logistics experience, preferably in commodity handling.
Fluent in English (corporate language) is a must and a good understanding of any other language is a great asset.
The ideal candidate is a team player with an independent and flexible work attitude and is ready to adapt to international practices. Efficient and well organized working skills as well as a good know-how in using IT applications (MS Office) are a key to success.