Salary: £30,000 + bonus
This position will deal with all aspects of account opening, reactivation, ongoing monitoring of clients and KYC processes.
- Dealing with applications for CFD, Spread Betting and FX accounts.
- Running electronic AML checks and/or obtaining and verifying documentation that clients provide to ensure they are of the required regulatory standards; from retail, corporate and IBs. To ensure that the paperwork meets our internal KYC requirements.
- Performing KYC checks on dormant accounts, ensuring that paperwork and files are up to date, to ensure that all client documentation is in line with FSA & NFA (plus additional global) regulations and any underlying legislation.
- Performing regularly due diligence on corporate accounts depending on trading history and country of incorporation.
- Setting up Power of Attorney.
- General Administration work, including filing and scanning.
- Ensuring that clients are treated fairly by knowing the customer, providing an appropriate level of service, communicating clearly and fairly and ensuring complaints are reported.
- Managing PEPS/Sanctions for both new and existing clients.
Maintain a high level of conduct, ethical standards and values
Adhere to and proactively enhance the firm’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct in all jurisdictions in which the Firm conducts business and which have an impact on its business
Work to identify risks and enhance control across the business
Report control weaknesses, illegal, suspicious or unusual activity
Maintain an appropriate level of competence through ongoing training, making requests for updates or development as required
Ensuring that clients are treated fairly by knowing the customer and giving suitable advice where appropriate, providing an appropriate level of service, communicating clearly and fairly and ensuring complaints are reported.
- Fluency in English both written and oral
- Attention to detail
- Flexible work schedule (shift work) 6:45am – 10pm Monday to Friday
- Strong computer and data entry skills including the ability to learn proprietary software.
- Ability to work as an individual or as part of a team
- Experience in KYC or a similar role within a Financial Services company
- Knowledge of KYC documentation for retail clients
- Experience of working within the Money Laundering Regulations and JMLSG Guidance notes
- Knowledge of Complinet
- Understanding of PEPS/Sanctions matches, what they mean and what to do with them
- Basic UK Compliance knowledge i.e. Complaints Handling, TCF, Anti Money Laundering, Market Abuse and insider dealing
- Knowledge of Experian, URU, Worldcheck or similar