Salary: £49,000 - £52,000
An excellent, new opportunity has arisen for a Tier 1 Financial Services provider who are looking for a Junior Portfolio Manager based in Central London.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Execute day-to-day ALM related trades with the relevant asset manager, under correct governance framework
- Analyse, report and improve investment performance relative to liability benchmarks
- Manage portfolio restructuring and transition to new strategic asset allocation benchmark initiated by an ALM study or other projects
- Generate and implement tactical asset allocation ideas with the objective of improving risk-adjusted return
- Own and maintain portfolio investment guidelines
- Responsible for appointing, retaining, selecting, challenging and dismissing asset managers on assigned portfolios, using the appropriate process and governance
- Fulfil any ad-hoc portfolio related requests arising from business stakeholders
The successful candidate will be confident in multi asset class portfolio including equity, bonds and alternative asset classes (Private Equity, Real Estate, Hedge Funds). A track record of generating investment ideas that improve risk-adjusted returns would be an advantage as would having an understanding of International Finance Reporting Standards (IFRS) - Knowledge of derivative instruments would also be highly advantageous.
In return, my client are offering a salary of £49,000-£52,000 per year plus Annual performance related pay review and bonus, a defined contribution pension scheme, 30 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays and an excellent flexible benefits package.