Salary: £85,000 circa + benefits/yearly bonus
Location: London – City
A City based, top tier financial services provider are seeking an Investment Data Specialist to manage both operational and front office systems/processes. Successful candidates will have either Charles River or Cadis (or both), and have successfully managed 3rd party/data vendor relationships. IMC or equivalent advantageous
The data management role is to ensure data quality and consistency across the company while managing third party data relationships to ensure rationalised and efficient delivery.
The Data manager will have a strong application and technical background to ensure support across the IT & Data team.
The main responsibilities within the role are, but not limited to:
- Builds relationships and works with stakeholders to ensure effective Stakeholder engagement and management through regular planned contact.
- Undertakes daily, weekly and monthly Data Management activities and processes required to support the business minimising areas of financial risk and exposure arising from data and data processes.
- Act as the central point of contact for Change, Technology and Global Investment Management Services into the Front Office and vice versa in relation to Front Office investment data.
- Applies Incident Management expertise and application/business knowledge to lead and carry out Incident Management monitoring and/or ensuring effective resolution of incidents working with business areas, support teams, suppliers, technical consultants & subject matter experts.
- Production of MI as required supporting Data Management areas. Identify trends and make suggestions for improvement with areas such as Business Area Managers, Business Change, Service Delivery, auditors and third party IT and data suppliers.
- Works within processes and procedures, ensuring that a clear evidence trail of compliance is generated for external and internal governance processes and procedure. Actively highlighting process deficiencies and taking ownership of improvements to processes and procedures.
- Protect service by effective use of Change Management processes. Collaborate with Change Management and change originators to (where required) ensure appropriate Business & IT teams approval is obtained.
- Considers risks and issues, raising and owning or monitoring risks and issues that are raised against Application Support functions or the applications themselves
It is essential that you have either Charles River or Cadis (or both) and good SQL awareness and writing. Extensive Data modelling experience including process design and development oversight. Excellent understanding of investments data inclusive of Reference data, Pricing, Valuation, Benchmarks , Positions, Trade life cycle management and Derivatives would be advantageous. In return, they are offering a starting salary of up to £85,000 per year plus a generous bonus/benefits package.