Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Undertakes daily, weekly and monthly Data Management activities and processes required to support the business, minimizing areas of financial risk and exposure arising from data and data processes
- Continually review operational procedures to identify areas of process improvement, risk reduction and ensure adherence working with subject matter experts and suppliers.
- Continual review of data vendor offerings to ensure cost efficiency, coverage and data quality
- Applies Incident Management expertise and application/business knowledge to lead and carry out Incident Management monitoring and/or ensuring effective resolution of incidents working with business areas, support teams, suppliers, technical consultants & subject matter experts.
- Leads and works to ensure problems are resolved owning or monitoring resolution of issues working pro-actively with business areas, support teams, suppliers, technical consultants & subject matter experts.
- Considers risks and issues, Raising and owning or monitoring risks and issues that are raised against Application Support functions or the applications themselves
- Production of MI as required to support Data Management activities, Identifies trends and make suggestions for improvement.
- Engages and collaborates with projects to ensure project deliverables will be effectively supported and that support arrangements are sustainable and a smooth transition to support is achieved. Ensure service variations are within budget and are reasonable
- Agile Developments - Work collectively with IT & Data to deliver small and medium sized developments to the firm's business areas.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), technically competent and experienced around SQL and have an IMC certification or equivalent. Previous experience in a data management capacity with an Asset Manager would be a distinct advantage as would knowledge of Investment data and exposure to third party applications for Risk, Data, Front Office, performance for example – Markit EDMdata, Thinkfolio or Reporting Business Intelligence.