Our prestigious global shipping and freight client is seeking an experienced Pricing specialist to join their Trade & Pricing division.
It is the Inbound CSR’s responsibility to handle onward movement and release of all cargo arriving into the UK from Asia and America.
This is a varied role that covers both financial and operational KPI’s and it is imperative that our CSR’s are both multi-functional and knowledgeable in all areas outlined below.
• Receive the delivery/release instructions by phone or (where approved) via email.
• Input the deliveries/release into the company's mainframe system and ensure that any special instructions are complied with, for example:
Out of Gauge
• Monitor various mailboxes at the same time. Ensure that inquiries received from customers on their shipments are actioned and provide timely and accurate information using the systems and applications.
• Ensure that all relevant invoices are issued in line with specific customer agreements and that all outstanding monies, documents and releases are in place prior to release of cargo and in accordance with the cargo release policy.
• Liaise with accounts to request approval of BACS/CHAPS payments and status of customer credit accounts.
• Quotation of rates relevant to specific shipments i.e. manifest/haulage and ancillary.
• Check customer rate agreements and liaise with sales team/rating team at point of origin if required.
• Arrange Diversion of Cargo in line with the policies ensuring that all systems are updated and documentation amended.
• Routing of cargo via Feeder or Road/Rail options where suitable with the aim of minimizing cost impact.
• Reporting, Operational - liaise with port ops / container control teams to monitor the equipment levels.
• Reporting, Financial - liaise with finance team and complete the following reporting functions to ensure 100% accuracy and revenue recovery:
Un-billed/under billed Demurrage
Cost vs Recovery Haulage
Credit note issuance
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Good Team Player
• Ability to work under pressure and maintain attention to detail
• Flexible/ Good organization and time / priority management
• Destin8 & CNS Compass (port systems) knowledge
• Previous Import experience preferred but not essential
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good PC skills including Microsoft Office
• Basic documentation and BL rating knowledge