Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
My client, a leading global law firm, are looking for an experienced HR Operations Manager to join them for 12 months.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the day to day workings of the HR Operations team and ensure the efficiency of resourcing and workflow between the team and the HR Advisors and HR Managers.
- Work with the HR Advisors to identify priorities, ensuring the HR Operations team is updated and work deployed effectively in order to meet deadlines or support critical work, even at short notice.
- Develop, lead and motivate the HR Operations team.
- Ensure adequate cover provision for the HR Operations team during planned and unplanned absences.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all work undertaken by the HR Operations team.
- Review, design, manage and evaluate efficient HR administrative policies for all tasks, including support to salary review and SRA renewal and key HR projects.
- ·Seek new and innovative ways to improve processes, and initiate new administrative ideas and solutions.
- Ensure changes in firm policy are implemented consistently and that all correspondence complies with current employment legislation and best practice.
- Ensure that standard documentation and templates are kept up to date, including the offer of employment packs and new starter paperwork.
- Ensure a consistent approach between practice groups and business services teams.
- Produce and coordinate complex ad hoc reports that can be used for a variety of projects by the HR department.
- Produce and coordinate monthly/quarterly reports covering utilisation, absence, temporary staff, contract status, secondment status and other related processes.
- Point of contact for SRA related queries and co-ordinate the firm's bulk practising certificate renewal and renewal of recognition.
- Liaise with the Recruitment Managers to ensure the end to end recruitment process is being delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Oversee the on-boarding process and ensure that it runs smoothly and effectively.
- Co-ordinate the new joiner induction.
- Manage the communication of new joiner, mover and leaver information to key representatives in the HR and business services teams.
- Develop an effective working relationship with the payroll team and to ensure information relating to salary changes, new joiners and leavers is provided to them promptly and accurately.
- Liaise with Finance department regarding the payment of invoices.
- Manage relationships with outsourced providers for pre-employment checks and to review the efficiency and value for money of these arrangements on a regular basis.
Key skills/experience required
- Tertiary qualifications in related discipline
- Strong internal client service focus and client relationship management skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively across all levels of the firm both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and proven experience in undertaking activities that contribute to meeting the firm’s strategic objectives
- Ability to influence without the need for direct authority
- Strong leadership capability and demonstrates this through upholding ethics and values
- Strong advisory, coaching and facilitation skills
- Experienced in dealing with ambiguity and adapting to changing circumstances
- Prior leadership experience in managing others is highly desirable
- Experience of supplier management and sourcing
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to understand new concepts quickly and put learning into action
- Flexible, adaptable and able to cope with change