My client are a hedge fund management organisation based in London's west end. They are seeking an HR Officer with prior experience in an asset management, investment banking and/or other financial services environment who are used to the high volume and fast-paced nature of HR. The role would suit an individual with 3-4 years experience in HR who is looking to take the next step in their career and grow their skills.
- Build and develop effective relationships with staff and managers to assist with HR queries
- Provide ongoing advice to employees across the client group (circa 250) on company policy and procedure
- Assist employees and HR Manager with requests, grievance and disciplinary issues
- Prepare HR documentation including salary change letters, job title change, probation etc.
- Update HR database - strong Excel skills are essential for this role
- Update and oversee absence management trackers
- Work Permit Applications - keeping abreast of UK immigration rules affecting staff on work visas, annual checks for employees with work visas.
- On-boarding - background checks, IT system activation, conduction of onboarding, communicating policy documents and handbooks
- Assisting new starters to set up bank accounts and or/NI numbers
- Conduct monthly payroll, including adjustments for local staff, monitoring and reporting relevant changes
- Administration of company benefits and compensation - maintaining accurate records of employee opt-ins and opt-outs and monthly invoicing
- Back and middle office recruitment, including liaising with managers to discuss headcounts and new hire justifications
- Liaising with agencies in CV and interview scheduling.
- Obtain and provide feedback to agents and candidates and record all administration history
- Draft and issue employment contracts
- Assess various training requirements with managers and team leads
- Organise training courses, negotiating with new suppliers or discounts with existing suppliers
- Maintain training records
- Assist with overall annual performance review, collating reviews and monitoring staff
- Coordinating diaries with managers for summer interns
- Ad hoc projects as required
- HR Software implementations and upgrades.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (CIPD qualification would be ideal but is not essential)
- 3 years experience within investment banking, asset management, or other similar financial services environment
- Confidence and ability to deal with clients of all level including board level - sometimes some difficult stakeholders