My client is a national firm of chartered surveyors and is based in central London. They now have an excellent opportunity for a HR Assistant to join their HR team. This will be a broad role covering a blend of HR from recruitment, L&D, employee relations, HR Systems, projects and general administration.
We are looking for candidates with previous HR experience that boast a stable work history preferably within a professional services organisation. You will be process orientated with excellent attention to detail. You will be educated to degree level and will also be able to communicate effectively at all levels within a business.
This is a great role within a strong Professional Services business.
Providing generalist HR support to the HR Manager across assigned client groups including:
- Recruitment administration - setting up interviews, updating job descriptions onto website and job portal
- New Starter process - issuing new starter paperwork, requesting references and pre-employment checks, setting up new starters on our HR system, liaising internally with support teams, arranging induction, managing the probation process and sending pension auto-enrolment letters to individuals
- Leaver process - updating HR System, liaising with internal departments, arranging exit interviews and issuing leaver documentation
- Maternity, Paternity and Shared Parental leave - keeping track of all leave, issuing standard letters, updating systems for payroll, sending out monthly maternity information packs.
- General HR system updates for payroll including changes of hours, salary changes, benefits and contact information
- Promotion & Annual Appraisal process - issuing new terms, updating the HR system and liaising with internal departments on updates, collating and logging appraisals, noting any training requirements and issues to alert HR Manager to.
- Providing support as required to the HR Director including arranging meetings, preparation of monthly board reports and correspondence, filing and support with projects, also includes running reports from HR system and providing data and analytics such as turnover, headcount, diversity and demographics.
- Training, Career Development & CPD administration including: collating training requirements from manager requests, appraisals and employees, arranging courses, sending out invites, booking rooms and refreshments, maintaining the training plan, processing invoices, providing attendance lists and training evaluation forms.
- Support the HR Director and HR Managers with ad hoc projects such as Best Companies, Diversity initiatives, system upgrades and roll out.
- Assist the HR Director and HR Managers with the management of the HR budget and invoice management.
- Working closely with the other support departments providing information when requested. Collating information for bids and tenders e.g. staff headcount/turnover information and national statistics requests.
- Sending out of weekly staff report to the firm detailing new starters, leavers, changes and vacancies.
- Dealing with routine incoming correspondence, telephone queries, reference requests, invoices and departmental filing, ensuring that these are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Other duties commensurate with the position, business needs and individual ability/aptitude/time constraints.
- HR Administration experience in a professional services environment
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Proactive and service focused
- Good organisational skills
- Fast and accurate typing
- Friendly and approachable with a good sense of humour