Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Due to our continued and amazing growth my client, a leading UK Retailer are now looking for a HR Advisor to work in partnership with their Service Delivery team who manage the Customer Service Team Members who execute our successful delivery of customer orders, providing the industry’s leading customer service experience.
You will work as part of a fun, hardworking and dedicated HR Team but will be the stand alone HR generalist for the Service Delivery team onsite. Not only will you be responsible for providing advice to management, you will also attend key and complex meetings as a note taker. You will have the opportunity to observe the Manager in the role of Chair so you can offer personal coaching on meeting style and development.
You will play a key role with managers in ensuring all HR processes and policies are implemented and followed, working with onsite support teams to ensure operational standards are implemented. You will have an active role in creating and encouraging the company culture in your place of work so that the values are instilled throughout and their employees are engaged to be enabled. In your site you will be responsible for everything from the personnel files to the way HR is defined.
- Providing a complete HR generalist service to the site
- Work closely with key customers to coach and empower managers to understand and effectively implement HR policies, procedures and best practices
- Manage and facilitate transformation in terms of working practices and management style, coaching our management team on people issues such as short and long term absence management, disciplinary, grievances etc.
- Be hands-on and involved in employee relations cases. The role will entail advising management and attending high level disciplinary meetings and attending all appeal and grievance meetings to provide guidance to the chair and note take during the meeting.
- Ensure that high volumes of employee relations cases are managed within agreed SLAs
- Produce regular KPI regarding site performance in terms of people management
- Oversee case management of long-term absences cases, attend meetings for guidance and note taking. Be responsible for the administration of all medical reports and Occupational Health referrals
- Support recruitment initiatives within your area by attending assessments sessions and participating within interviews
- Develop people strategies with senior management to address both immediate and long term objectives for the site
- Work with other HR Business Partners and functional specialists (Training, Learning and Development, Recruitment, Engagement, etc.) to ensure consistent implementation of HR policies, procedures and projects across business streams;
- Utilise employee data and trend analysis to lead, educate and work in partnership with line managers on people issues, eg attendance management, reducing churn; Identify priority trends and advise management on options and solutions;
- Providing cover for other sites within the region to cover holiday
- Proven knowledge and experience of delivering HR generalist support
- Strong people skills to develop relationships with the management team and being available to support our employees
- Problem solving and analytical ability; we are a data rich company and you will need to be comfortable analysing information, identifying trends and advising on solutions
- Ability to influence others, with strong mediation, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Be organised, there will be times where you will find a heavy employee relations case load along with project that need to be delivered, so being able to plan and prioritise will be key
- Flexibility in approach to working; we are a 24/7 operation so our HR team has to be flexible to work outside of core hours as and when required. This is also the case when it comes to supporting other sites, so a current driving licence is also required.
- Experience of working in a unionised environment would be advantageous.
- While we value candidates who are CIPD qualified we recognise skills and experience holds equal value.