Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
Location: London – West End
Major Energy co. seeking FX Manager / Trader to be responsible for the setup of their FX prop desk. Resposibilities include operational settings, procedures, policy, managing FX trading activity and product pricing.
- Responsible for setting up FX trading desk including operational settings, arranging DOA, FX policy and procedures
- Managing dailyFX trading activity and providing a proactive FX service / solutionsto Power & Gas / Oil tradingbusinesses
- Pricing andbuying / selling FX products withusing excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Working closely with Power & Gas / Oil trading desks on the basics of FX and in line with this understanding the company FX needs including hedging requirements.
- Identifying and managingPower & Gas / Oil trading desks FX risks arising from the trading desk’s daily flows
- Understanding and monitoring market liquidity, volatility and pricing
- Analysis and execution of optimisation strategies, mitigating risk,
- Expand FX trading counterparties/ manage existing counterparties
- Taking a long-term view of FX market
- Specialised in Power and Gasbusiness FX trading
- Excellent knowledge and experience of the FX markets/ FX trading
- Analytical modeling experience
- FX market trading and analytics
- Operational set up and running of a proprietary FX portfolio
- Proficiency in Excel modeling, and Bloomberg
- Comprehensive understanding of compliance and risk management
- FX trading experience in a Power and GasTrading Firm,
- Understanding of price formation for grey markets and the management of risk.
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior management, regulators and other trading stakeholders.
- Specialized in Power and Gasbusiness
- A strong PNL track record from trading FX spots with an EM focus.
- Strong trading discipline and deep technical & fundamental knowledge of global emerging markets and local regulations allowing for decent trade idea generation, and valuable exchange of information
- Expert in using standard pricing tools: Bloomberg etc