Salary: £70,000 - £85,000
A fantastic brand new opportunity has arisen for a Fund Development Manager for a top tier Financial Services provider based in London.
Role requires a deep understanding of how external unit linked funds are set up and the business requirements to launch, change and close funds. This role operates in the highly regulated environment and plays a major role in supporting the profitable growth of the business.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Set up and Chair the Fund Change Steering Group in order to capture and deliver the business’ fund change requirements
- Be responsible for primarily controlling and delivering the fund change agenda across UK platforms
- To oversee the management of Tier 1 fund change which may impact the contractual relationship between External Fund Managers and our discretionary fund managers
- To monitor the change of fees, if proposed, and challenge and hold accountable the managers
- To ensure guidelines for legal agreements are up-to-date and accord with fund fees set out in Investment Operations data base
- Lead the development and look to maximise external fund manager’s engagement by building key relationships in order to carry out analysis of their commercial terms, operational efficiency and competitiveness.
- Oversee and be accountable for the drafting of launch instructions which will be used in legal agreements with the external fund managers.
- Deliver successful input with key internal customers to ensure that change activities are never conducted without the external fund manager’s legal agreements being updated first.
- Introduce and supply quarterly reinsurance MI to key stakeholders
The successful candidate will ideally be degree educated, have knowledge of unit linked fund industry, experience with externally managed funds and re-insurance agreements. Exposure to ABI/IMA/FCA/UCITs Directive and the regulatory structure of funds. Proven track record in developing relationships with blue chip fund managers would be an advantage, as would experience in (COBS 21) fund launch and change events. IMC or CF30 would be welcomed.
In return, my client is willing to pay £70,000 - £85,000 per year (DOE) bonus and excellent company benefits,