Salary: £65k - £75k pa + Bonus & Benefits
Location: City of London
Job Type: Permanent
A global leader in online retail is seeking a Financial Controller to join the head office finance team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading multinational business based in the Center of London. The role itself is ideal for a highly motivated self-starter who is looking to boost their career progression and join a business that is way ahead of its competitors.
The perfect candidate would be an ACA Qualified Accountant with a background in practice or alternatively extensive Blue Chip company experience ideally within a volume based business. The candidate will have also had managerial experience and subsequent experience gained throughout a progressive upward career trajectory.
The key responsibilities of the role will centre around 6 areas:
Month end accounting
- Having overall responsibility for ensuring that the books are closed to meet the company close timetable and to a very high standard.
- Booking journals, closing the general ledger and carrying out balance sheet reviews each month so that financial records are accurate and complete
- Providing insightful analysis and understanding of performance to the Accounting Manager and Finance Director to explain the results for the month.
- Providing support to the Finance team to enable them to prepare the monthly business review.
- Preparation of statutory accounts.
- Delivering a successful audit by working closely with the auditors.
- Liaising within Finance on intercompany and transfer pricing activities.
Internal Controls Environment
- Building an efficient and effective internal controls environment.
- Manage the company's risk management process.
- Provide support for the Finance team for the annual planning process (including Opex).
- Manage a team of three direct reports, ensuring that their development needs are met.
- Provide financial support to the business on ad hoc projects and investment appraisal.
- Lead ad hoc finance projects.
The client is looking for highly skilled and experienced candidates who is seeking a perfect opportunity to further their career with a market leading company.
If this is you, or someone you know please email your CV to Alex Howard-Smith via application portal for immediate consideration.