Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Our client, a City based FCA regulated Consumer Credit fintech business is seeking a Senior MI Analyst / MI Manager profile to join their Head of Risk in a number 2 opportunity. Backed by Finance Industry heavyweights, the resources and support are in place to take significant market share in the UK marketplace.
- With aggressive growth plans in 2016, we are looking at expanding our team, across all functions of the business.
- This role will sit within the Risk function of the business and will report into the Head of Risk
- The role comes with huge opportunity as it will grow with the organisation. The candidate will be part of a small and energetic team who are defining the path the firm takes in the next years.
- The role comes with responsibility and allows room for creativity and 'out of the box’ solution
- We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about joining a 'start up’ and is keen to make their mark on a growing business. They would have lots to add into the business by sharing knowledge across all departments and would also learn from working across departments.
- The business sits within the Consumer Credit / Consumer Loans / Consumer Finance / Payday Loans arena.
This role is a new position being created as part of our growth plans
- Reports into Head of Risk
- No direct reports at start but potential to grow
- Define, implement and execute the MI (Management Information) on a day to day basis by working closely with Risk, Marketing and Finance team
- Work closely with the Head of Risk to create and define key reports on Excel primarily
- Work very closely with IT and Data teams to know and understand the data and start building best practices and also how the data is structured by IT
- Be efficient and proficient in using tools such as SQL/SAS and Excel to deliver on requirements swiftly and accurately
- Have a penchant for accuracy while at the same time being sensitive to tight deadlines
- Work closely with Credit Reference Agencies, Marketing, Operations/collections team and project management team to understand the process and products which create the data
- Responsible for designing, periodically creating and maintaining the best in class portfolio performance (KPI) reports , data dictionary and management reports
- Responsible for ad hoc reporting to aid business decisions
- Deputise for Head of Risk as and when needed
- Preferably educated to degree level
- At least 5-10 years’ experience of working within a analytics or reporting functions of preferably a consumer finance business
- Working knowledge of Credit Bureau data
- Good analytical and reporting skills for problem solving
- Must be experienced in automating reports
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and be able to build structured reports and spreadsheet analysis
- SQL high level
- SAS high level
- Knowledge in Excel Macros
- VBA high level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Enthusiastic "can do" attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Competitive package with benefits
- Flexible working location
- Good work life balance (9-5 culture / environment)Sal