Salary: £40,000 - £55,000
Top tier Commodity broker is seeking Research Sales Desk support person to join their expanding desk. Experience in managing client portals / pricing or commentary systems is ideal, as is excellent inter-personal skills. You will be trained to then become a desk Sales Manager.
An opportunity exists for a candidate with excellent inter-personal and organisational skills to join the cross-asset sales desk of a large global commodities brokerage.
Initially, the role will involve managing the client portal, interfacing with internal desks and external clients to ensure that processes run smoothly. The intention is that this role should evolve into a front-office sales role so the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate high levels of entrepreneurship and initiative.
The role would be an excellent opportunity for someone who has the initiative to rapidly evolve themselves from largely administrative and support duties in the first instance to a revenue-generating front office role. The timeframe for that evolution is entirely within the hands of the successful candidate.
- Primary duty is to administer the analytics portal and communicate effectively with internal and external users.
- To assist in Analytics sales strategy.
- Intention for role to evolve into front-office sales - able to demonstrate high levels of entrepreneurship and initiative
- The Company may require you to carry out other duties from time to time
- Interest in financial markets and the opportunity to engage clients about ideas is an absolute necessity
- Formal knowledge & understanding of commodity markets (not a pre-requisite but advantageous)
- At least 2 years in Financial Services; looking to evolve into front office role (if not already)