Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Location: City of London
Type: Permanent, Full time
City based Prestigious, International Banking brand is seeking a Business Development Manager to join their Retail Business division. Job Role To increase new to bank business growth by pro-active research, identification and pursuit of new business opportunities through appropriate networking channels...
City based Prestigious, International Banking brand is seeking a Business Development Manager to join their Retail Business division.
To increase new to bank business growth by pro-active research, identification and pursuit of new business opportunities through appropriate networking channels and by promoting customer/community awareness of the Bank's products and services.You will be reporting to the Area Branch Manager.
- Delivers superior customer care, proactively seeking to improve customer service, fosters strong customer relations and actively promotes the Bank as the preferred provider of banking services.
- Self generates appropriate new business for target market.
- Is responsible for achieving established individual, Branch and Bank targets through active involvement/participation in sales management in conjunction with Area Branch Manager.
- Creates, maintains and develops business plans appropriate to local target markets.
- Arranges and attends business meetings and other business/social events to promote brand awareness and identify and target new sales opportunities.
- Undertakes lucrative networking activities, (during and outside of normal working hours/days), and promotes the brand by building excellent working relationships with the Chamber of Commerce, Brokers & Accountants etc.
- Acts as key account manager to mortgage brokers where appropriate
- Ensures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures and keeps up to date with policies and relevant regulatory guidelines and issues.
- Efficiently manages business pipeline by appropriate diarising and follow up of leads.
- Appropriate and effective administration, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, communication and liaison.
- To undertake any other responsibilities as delegated by the Area Branch Manager.
- Supports the Area Branch Manager in driving branch sales and reporting same in the absence of the Area Branch Manager
- Proven strong relationship management and business development capability.
- Track record for exceeding varied targets.
- In depth experience of Retail lending products such as Buy to Let Mortgages & commercial lending
- Familiar with SME marketplace, with a proven record of building and maintaining such a customer base
- Considerable experience of building a client base using internal and external networks.
- Very effective in gaining an in-depth understanding of clients' needs.
- In-depth experience of working in the Financial Services sector.
- Understanding of the impact of the regulatory environment on the Business.