Salary: Upper Market Rate
Location: Central London
Our Client is a global Commodities Group based in multiple locations across multiple countries around the world.
As a member of the senior leadership team, the successful candidate will be accountable for all financial aspects of the Oil refining, trading and commercial sales activities based in the UK, Germany, Switzerland and Moscow.
- Working in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer to create and subsequently deliver the annual business plan and budget.
- Developing performance measures and reporting performance against these, to drive commercial performance.
- Leading and coaching the finance teams including Accounting, Business Analysis, and Treasury & Trade Finance.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with finance providers, auditors and other third parties.
- Report monthly, quarterly and annual financial results to senior management.
- Ensuring appropriate controls are in place mitigate financial risk, monitoring compliance against these and reporting any issues to the risk committee.
- Ensuring that all financing needs of the business are adequately provided for, including Inventory & receivables financing.
- Managing all finance and accounting aspects of any M&A projects, from due diligence through to acquisition and subsequent business integration.
Skills and experiences required:
- A proven track record of leading and delivering superior performance, preferably gained in an international oil trading & refining environment.
- Excellent understanding of commercial drivers and how to add value to organisations
- Delivery focussed having had tangible success in leading multi-disciplined commercial and finance teams
- An accomplished manager with well-developed networking, communication, facilitation, and influencing skills
- Strong financial and analytic skills
- Experience of managing M&A due diligence and business integration
- Able to make quick decisions and operate in a fast changing, entrepreneurial environment