Our client is a highly reputable securities and investment firm, who's parent company is one of the largest banking in EMEA, they are looking for a Finance Manager/CF10a for its management team.
You will be responsible for the smooth running of the accounting function, oversight of the firm’s compliance with CASS regulation, preparation of management information packs and financial statements and FCA regulatory reporting. You will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
• Responsible for month-end close and preparation of monthly management reporting pack with commentaries
• Preparation of monthly group reporting, liaising with group and dealing with queries from group
• Preparation of monthly client and branch profitability reports by products
• Ensuring that adequate accounting and other records and internal controls in the finance areas are maintained.
• Managing the company’s purchase, expenses and payroll processes and making payments runs
• Dealing with HMRC and tax related matters (VAT/PAYE&NIC/Corporation Tax)
• Analysis, reconciliation and substantiation of revenue, costs and balance sheet accounts
• Preparation of timely and accurate yearend financial reports in accordance with statutory requirements and IFRS accounting standards
• Take the lead on the firm’s internal and external audit engagements
FCA Regulatory Reporting
• Preparation of monthly CASS Client Money & Asset Return (CMAR return)
• Preparation of quarterly COREP, Asset Encumbrance, Balance Sheet and Income Statement FCA returns
• Perform calculation of capital requirement in accordance with applicable regulations
FCA ICAAP and Pillar 3 Disclosures
• Assisting in preparation and updating of the ICAAP
• Collaborating with Compliance on Pillar 3 Disclosures
FCA CASS Compliance Oversight
• Daily monitoring of internal and external client money and asset balances and reconciliation
• Identify and address any anomalies in a timely manner
• Maintaining and updating the CASS Resolution Pack
• Onboarding new client money banks and counterparties
• Conducting annual due diligence risk assessments of client money banks and counterparties
• Take the lead on the firm’s annual external CASS audit engagement
• Undertake process improvement and reengineering and systems implementation
• Other ad hoc projects as assigned
• Maintaining good working relationship internally with front, middle and back office, group colleagues in Turkey and externally with third parties such as counterparties, banks etc
• Recruit, train and mentor staff as required
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Educated to degree level and a qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA.
• Either previously held an FCA CF10a CASS Oversight Controlled Function or have sufficient experience and confidence to step up and take the CF10a on joining the firm.
• At least 3-5 years’ experience ideally gained from a small to medium size firm within the financial services sector (preferably a securities brokerage firm) or first move from audit practice having specialized in securities firms audits.
• Happy to work in a small team and small firm environment.
• An in-depth knowledge of IFRS, financial management principles and techniques including planning, forecasting and budgeting and the ability to apply them effectively in an FCA regulated investment and securities firm environment.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office with highly competent advanced Excel and Power point. Experience of Sage and Misys Opics or similar system.
• Excellent communication skills, an analytical and inquiring mind, attention to detail, a proactive approach and high level of enthusiasm for team working and managing tight deadlines.
• Previous FCA regulatory reporting experience and very good working knowledge of FCA Handbook, CASS, CRD IV is desirable