Salary: £38,000 - £45,000
International West End banking organisation is seeking an Operations Assistant Manager to join their Operations Management team and ensures smooth and efficient running of department involved in all Payments related processes. Successful candidates will have experience leading/supervising a supervising a Payments / remittance team.
Duties will include;
- Monitor payment workflow ensuring tasks are distributed evenly throughout the Department guaranteeing all payment tasks are covered before deadlines.
- Assist and guide Payment Clerks (x3) with general queries and payment creation questions ensuring outgoing instructions are in line with best market practice.
- Payment creation and authorisation via SWIFT Alliance and Intellect.
- Creation and authorisation of `money in` general ledger vouchers for London Customers & Branch accounts, when notified via SWIFT from Nostro providers.
- Investigate and respond promptly to new Payment queries received via SWIFT (MT199 & MT299) from Nostro providers.
- Monitor and chase outstanding Payment Queries and escalate to Line Manager any outstanding Payment queries relating to Private Banking customers.
- Manage Nostro and Vostro balances.
- Reconcile outstanding Nostro account items.
- Assist Line Manger with Department Projects and ad-hoc duties.
- Liaises with the Global operations teams and Customer Services to solve Operational processing problems and identifies the need for escalation of issues.
- Proactively identifies service issues with client facing impact and brings them to the attention of appropriate parties for resolution.
- The ability to present information clearly and in an appropriate style, makes technical information clear in order that Global Wealth customers fully understand operational issues.Builds useful working relationships outside own area.
- Experience of supervising a Payments / remittance team.
- In depth knowledge of global Payments procedures and systems; knowledge of The Payment Services Directive and SEPA regulation's.
- In depth knowledge of SWIFT Alliance message formatting requirements.
- Proven people skills with experience of performance monitoring procedures and appraisal process.