City based banking organisation is seeking a well experienced Trade Finance specialist with experience of 5 years more dealing with end to end processing of trade finance facilities. Please note due the demands of the Front Office the incumbent will be required ion the office % days per week. They are a City based bank close to Bank or Liverpool Street stations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure all Trade Finance transactions are processed and settled on a timely basis with priority given to high value and time critical files whilst meeting SLA’s.
- Ensure all internal reporting requirements are met
- Identify and resolve errors promptly and report to Head of Department/Front Office.
- Cross train self and others proactively to create a fungible team capable of flexing to the requirements of multi business stream environment.
- Correct use of systems and processing tools.
- Adherence to Head Office and Internal Operating procedures to produce accurate work thereby retaining professional image of the Bank and maintain high customer service levels.
- Support initiatives, strategic planning and projects (as required)
- Support others across the wider team covering all products to include L/C Document Checking
- Complete compliance checks and further controls put in place to mitigate risks
- Assist RM's with onsite / offsite client meetings helping find best client solutions.
Skills & Experience
- Deep understanding of all Trade Finance products, import and Export LCs, Guarantees, collections, Discounting, Forfaiting, Confirmations, Risk Participations.
- Knowledge of UCP 600, ISP98, URDG 758, URC 522 and other relevant ICC publications
- Negotiating / advising / amending
- Knowledge on Money Laundering procedures and UK Proceeds of Crime Act
- Awareness of UK and OFAC sanction policies and experience with Restricted Counterparty Checks and IMB Checks
- SWIFT Alliance (M202, MT103, All MT4 series, all MT7 series)
- Knowledge of Trade Innovation / TI a benefit but not a requirement.