We have an 18 month Fixed Term Contract as a Trade Finance Officer with a International Bank based in City of London. This will be to cover colleagues that will be focusing on enhancing their T24 banking system, in turn there will be a spike of volumes on trade finance docs.
Responsible for all documentary credits processing which includes 1st checking of documents presented there under and processing respective payments and/or refusals within agreed timescales, ensuring the bank’s position is protected at all times. Also required to process other types of Trade Finance payments and communications issued and/or received by the department such as documentary collections. Assisting in receiving, recording, scanning and distributing incoming documentary presentations as well as processing outgoing mail.
Outputs and Accountabilities
- Checking of documents presented against Letters of Credit In accordance with relative rules and /or regulations. This may be a first or single check dependent on bank specified levels of experience.
- Processing payments, acceptances, deferred payments, discounts under letters of credit all to agreed timescales.
- Acts as a source of reference to all clients and counter parties.
- Ensures that customers receive an efficient and professional service within agreed turnaround times.
- Provides training and mentorship to new staff.
- Ensuring any issues are resolved efficiently and professionally maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Calculating and reviewing commissions ensuring all fees due to the Bank are collected.
- Involvement with processing of participations, syndications and back to backs.
- Act as a subject matter expert for Letters of Credit and related Trade Finance products.
- Act as a source of reference to all clients and counter parties in relation to Collections and Reimbursements.
- Cover the department’s Collections role which comprises of end-to-end processing of documents presented on a Collection basis in accordance with relative rules and /or regulations. Recording documentation in the system, producing letters, creating swifts and sending correspondence to key clients and processing payments within agreed timescales.
- Cover the department’s admin role which comprises of receiving, recording and distributing incoming documentary presentations and claims. Managing the departments Letter of Credit filing system as well as scanning all Letter of Credit documentation received.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum 2 year's documentary credits experience within the banking sector. Experience must include exposure to document checking, trade finance payments and SWIFT
- Minimum GCSE level(or equivalent) English and Maths
- Detailed knowledge of documentary credits and all applicable ICC rules and publications
- Qualified CDCS, CITF or CTFC required, or agreed to undertake within two years