We are seeking a Senior Risk Analytics professional to join this core risk function within our prestigious banking client. You will be tasked in delivering and developing insights on a wide range of risks, in particular Credit (including ECL), LGD and PD parameter development. You will be working on the development and implementation of risk models across more than one risk discipline with exposure to “R” and “Python” for coding and/or extensive experience in using Excel.
- Core competencies in quantitative risk disciplines across more than one risk type but should have a good understanding of credit risk as one of the risks. Experience in climate change would be useful
- Development and implementation of risk models across more than one risk discipline with exposure to “r” and “Python” for coding and/or extensive experience in using excel
- Development and implementation of scenario and stress testing models
- Model validation and monitoring would be useful
- Understanding of risk data and experience in remediating poor data quality – the experience of data in a low PD environment would be beneficial
- Retail and private banking
- Commercial real estate
- Loan syndicates – secondary market
- Lombard lending
- Motivated and enthusiastic even when some of the work is mundane
- Ability to manage and deal with change
- Resilient Ability to adapt to working in a multicultural environment
- Highly efficient team player, with good attention to detail, accuracy
- High standard performer that enjoys working in a dynamic and small team
- Ability to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines and withstand occasional high pressure
- Accuracy and high level of numeracy and literacy
- Pragmatic and creative, able to work with and get insight from limited and imperfect data
- Support the Risk Analytics team (and Risk generally) in delivering and developing insights on a wide range of risks, in particular Credit (including ECL), LGD and PD parameter development
- Support ICAAP (financial and credit RWA / ECL stress forecasting) and Recovery Planning.
- Development and implementation of scenario analysis and stress testing models generally
- Support development and assessment of Operational, and Climate Risk stress monitoring.
- Run and enhance risk appetite measurement models and related forecasting.
- Contribute to enhancement of risk data quality
- Support development of good model governance including structured development, documentation of models and design and running of model validation tests.
- Support more junior team members where appropriate
- Intermediate level post-graduate with 3 to 5 years’ commercial experience (or consultant)
- Experience in a banking or financial institution (Risk, Business Portfolio Analysis or Finance), including credit and / or liquidity regulatory calculations and production of management information and reports;
- Practical experience and knowledge of the credit cycle including credit appraisal (and rating schemes / credit decision models);
- Appreciation of bank regulatory and regulatory ratios e.g., capital ratios
- Good appreciation of credit risk modelling (PD, LGD), model validation and model monitoring development as well as model governance requirements
- Broad familiarity with stress-testing (regular and episodic e.g., ICAAP).
- Familiarity with the operations of prudential risk management.
- Skilled in the visualization of data, and selecting appropriate chart types to inform management
- Good communication skills, and the ability to write and speak on technical issues to non-technical audience
- Knowledge of statistical and mathematical concepts such as Monte-Carlo and credit transition matrices would be useful;
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel, including creation of spread sheets with embedded error checking for use in semi-production environments. Experience of MS-Access and/or SQL development would be useful;
- Risk data quality and management
- Exposure to “R” and “Python” for coding