We are looking for an enthusiastic Public Relations (PR) and Comms Manager to manage the relationships between two start-up organisations, who specialise in real estate financing. You will be the one to project the "face" of the company and will be instrumental in enhancing its popularity and trustworthiness in the market.
We are seeking an experienced PR & Communications Manager with 10 years minimum of experience and with good contacts/network into the UK press and media. The ideal candidate will possess creativity and knowledge of different tactics to identify and engage the appropriate target audience The main objective is to build a strong communications network around the company that will ensure good relationships with the general public and rising awareness of the company and its brand.
- Create and build public relations strategies that fit the company profile.
- Develop effective PR plans using appropriate strategies and tactics.
- Create and write up public releases, building relations with media outlets that appeal the company’s market.
- Organise and coordinate PR activities.
- Use a variety of media channels (TV, press, internet etc.) to maximise company exposure.
- Liaise with marketing professionals to ensure consistency in promoting corporate image.
- Arrange for interviews or public speaking events and construct press releases.
- Advise the company on handling sensitive public issues to preserve reputation.
- Assess opportunities for sponsorships and other partnerships and manage relations.
- Analyse results of PR campaigns or efforts and prepare reports.
Requirements and Skills:
- BSc/BA in PR, marketing or similar field.
- Proven experience as a public relations executive or similar role, ideally from a start-up background or financial services.
- Be able to commute to Birmingham.
- Proven experience in coordinating and managing effective PR campaigns through various channels.
- Solid knowledge of social media (blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key people or organisations.
- A creative mind partnered with the ability to find the best practical solutions.