Tier 2 expanding City based bank is seeking well experience Loans Transaction Senior Officer to join their well experienced team focusing on bilateral and syndicated facilities. The bank offer a hybrid work solution for all staff and have a friendly, transparent and inclusive culture.
To assist with the day-to-day administration of lending, current account, deposit and corporate FX business for bilateral customers and the administration of syndicated and bilateral loan facilities to UK and overseas corporate customers originating from the Global Banking Unit Departments.
- To take responsibility for an allocation of the team’s day-to-day administration of loans, deposits, corporate FX deals and current account movements including the preparation and input of ATLAS tickets, the calculation, claiming and reconciliation of fees and interest, the preparation of communication cards and liaison with Global Markets staff with regard to funding requirements of the Banks loans and deposits.
- In relation to the daily work, to also undertake careful checking and verification duties (within delegated levels of authority).
- To liaise with Loan Administration Departments of other banks regarding instructions under syndicated transactions and/or with our colleagues in the Global Banking Unit departments (Front Office).
- To occasionally receive instructions from bilateral customers and act upon these in the appropriate manner.
- To take responsibility for the preparation and sending of confirmations, statements, reports, and certificate of balances to customers. Ensuring due consideration and adherence to the important Electronic Communications Policy of the branch.
- To possess an increasing appreciation/understanding of a greater number of aspects of the department’s overall work - e.g.: credit reviews and ratings, repayment schedule maintenance.
- To play a significant role in the monthly reporting function of the department, assisting with various reconciliations, the monitoring of fees, updating of pending item forms and preparation of monthly management reports.
- To play a significant role in the continuing development of any junior Loan Administration staff, providing guidance and support on a daily basis.
- To minimise the occurrence of operational irregularities through a conscientious approach to daily duties and to ensure any relevant issues are reported to the Loan Administration Head of Department, Manager or Assistant Manager in timely fashion.
- To carry out such other duties as requested by the Loan Administration Head of Department, Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
- To carry out such other duties at the request of the General Manager.
- Ideally 7 years Loan Administration experience.