Our client is a rapidly growing mortgage provider who offers bridging facilities across the UK. Although being a new company to the market they have major plans for growth across the next 10 years and are looking to expand their underwriting team with an experienced candidate who wants to join a growing UK business with capital to expand in line with their strategic mid and long term goals. This is a remote hybrid role requiring you once a fortnight in the office.
They are expanding their senior management team and are on the market to seek a Head of Compliance and MLRO with a specialism in real estate including regulations of UK mortgages and bridging loans. The successful candidate should previously hold the SMF16(or CF10) and SMF17 (CF11) functions, and ideally be open to/or come from a start up company, to assist growing their business.
- Provide compliance leadership and guidance as independent second line regulatory and conduct advice, oversight and assurance SME for the firm.
- Ensure regulatory updates are issued in a timely manner and where required based on changes in regulations
- Identify situations that may pose significant compliance and conduct risks and ensure the compliance department guides management in the development/reviewing of applicable policies, marketing materials, procedures and business practices etc
- Provide oversight and advice on the firm's front office training and competency framework and undertake competency checks
- Undertake day to day compliance tasks: maintain compliance policies, procedures, reporting, liaising with external authorities, prepare and conduct on-going compliance reviews as per the approved annual compliance review plan and complaints handling oversight
- Provide advice and support to the firm in determining its senior individuals who are performing roles requiring individual approval under SM&CR
- Provide compliance sign off on customer documentation, marketing and financial promotions etc
- Oversee KYC/CDD and AML/CTF checks conducted by both outsourced and internal staff together
- Uphold Money Laundering Reporting Officer (SMF17) responsibilities, including submission of an annual MLRO Report to the board. Ensuring staff awareness of money laundering rules through appropriate training and ensuring that AML processes are in place and are implemented
- Receiving, investigating and reporting on Suspicious Activity Reports
- Provide regulatory training to relevant staff on regulatory and legislative requirements and the maintenance of training records
- Working closely with founders on ad hoc projects.
- Knowledge of the bank and non-bank lending and specialist mortgage/lending markets, infrastructure and applicable standards and regulations
- 7+ years’ experience as a subject matter expert for regulatory compliance within a retail banking / financial services mortgage environment
- In depth technical knowledge and practical experience of FCA requirements and standards especially MCOB, Mortgage Advisor frameworks
- Commercial, business focused with strong judgement and integrity.
- Discretionary Bonus
- 6%-8% pension
- 28 days holiday + UK bank holidays on top - 36 days
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
- Work office flexibility - requiring you in the office twice a month (based in the Birmingham area)