Our disruptive, high growth fintech finance brand are seeking a COO. Reporting to the CEO, the COO will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the company strategy across Finance, Legal, Compliance, Human Resource, general administration and business operations in general. You will play a crucial role in evolving the strategy and decide how. This role will see you working alongside the entire leadership team. This is a great opportunity to join one of the fastest growing fintech’s in Europe.
- Responsible for all aspects of Operations for a new challenger e-money institution
- Executive member of a new, start-up bank in London and become a liaison with FCA/PRA
- Target Operating Model development and delivery
- All back office departments and Operational Risk and Business Controls company wide
- Payment processing, cards and all channels
- Establishing all 3rd party/supplier relationships, contracts and on-going management
- Digital roadmap and app delivery
- Business Continuity planning and Disaster recovery
- Client Service establishment including training and development
- Assist with authorisation by FCA with Business Plan developed and delivered
- Develop Target Operating Model and put in place key back office staff/teams, processes & KPIs
- Business Controls framework developed and delivered
- Develop, documented, digitised and test all processes
- Management of outsourced activities maintaining a strong relationship with counterparties, local stakeholder's, regulator's.
- Management reporting. Responsible for producing required MI for owners and Committee
- Managing various and chair various committees
- Responsible for creating and running Operational policies & procedures and client onboarding.
- Responsible for operational budgets and expenditure
- Implementation of compliance in relation to the ICO.
Expected Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Experience working as a COO / Head of Operations / Programme Director
- Compelling technological background: product ownership / delivery.
- Proven Commercial aptitude within Digital, Fintech or Financial org
- Adept at working cross-functionally, thinking strategically, and providing practical guidance.
- Excellent project, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Strong understanding of technical concepts, an analytical mindset and attention to detail.
- A persuasive communicator and speaker.
- Comfortable leading / managing teams to tight deadlines, remaining calm under pressure.
- Ideally with you have knowledge of the following EMI licencing, PSD2, PCI DSS regs.
Salary offer of around £100k plus equity holding - mainly cash package offering as the business in currently developing/implementing employee benefits. Equity offering is valued at £40,000 at current valuation.