The Investment Performance and Risk Manager will manage and lead a team of performance and Risk analysts and specialists. Working in partnership with Investment professionals and other stakeholders across the business the Team is responsible for producing and distributing performance and attribution analytics and investment risk reporting across funds and client portfolios. The team is also responsible for delivering projects to support strategic initiatives and the organic growth of the Company. The core deliverable of the team is to ensure the consistent production and availability of accurate and timely performance and attribution data and analytics and Risk reporting.
Based in the London office and reporting to the Head of Operations. The role will work closely with various teams including; Senior Management, Investments, IT, Operations and external data vendors
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Serve as point of contact for the Performance and Risk team within the Group.
- Field queries and escalated issues, input where required to committees and pitches for new business.
- Managing a team of 5, including training, performance reviews and appraisals.
- Redesign/enhance existing framework and the internal processes and procedures of the team.
- Establish and oversee a robust oversight model to monitor and ensure data quality and timely delivery of accurate data and analytics and reporting.
- Oversee the process for checking and analysis of performance of all investment accounts on a monthly basis. Providing individual client performance in a clear and effective way.
- Manage production of contribution/attribution analysis on UHNW client accounts and Internal Funds
- Check and provide risk analysis on all investments/models/funds on an ex-post and ex-ante basis.
- Provide individual client investment risk information in a clear and concise manner.
- Build-out the contribution and attribution functionality on Advent APX.
- Develop and publish high quality and accurate BAU and ad-hoc performance measurement and analytics reporting for various stakeholders across the business, predominately the Investment and Client teams.
- Calculate and validate calculated returns, performance attribution, risk analytics, benchmarks.
- Manage vendor relationships, for example data providers including Bloomberg.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrate recent and proven management experience. Confident of leading and managing people with the skillset and enthusiasm to lead and manage and take ownership.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience with direct exposure to calculating and interpreting performance including performance evaluations and performance attribution.
- Evidence of a structured approach to analysis and documentation, using recognised tools and techniques.
- Predominant asset classes include; equity, fixed income, multi-asset.
- SS&C Advent (APX, Genesis, Moxy) knowledge is not mandatory but a definite advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.